National Children's Dental Health Month
Did you know February is National Children's Dental Health Month? It is very important that you let you let your kids know the importance of brushing their teeth. Dentist advice that training your kids to do proper oral hygiene and dental routine is the key towards getting healthy teeth and gums especially when they are grown up.
Here are some helpful tips to keep those pearly whites healthy!
- Tooth decay is the most common childhood disease, so make sure to see your dentist every 6 months!
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste!
- Eat a healthy diet that limits sugary beverages and snacks!
- Set a good example. Kids love to follow their parents so lead by example. When your kids see you brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, they are more likely to do the same on a regular basis too.
- Follow your kids. Older kids might lie about brushing their teeth saying they do but in reality, doesn’t brush at all. Play detective and look at their toothbrush if it’s wet or request to smell their breath so you can smell the toothpaste.
Brushing your teeth may not seem very fun to kids but with the right attitude and guidance, it can become a pleasure and awesome habit for your kids.