Consulting an Orthodontist Hendersonville, Gallatin, Goodlettsville, Nashville
A beautiful smile is a gateway to a lot of good things. If there is an instant day brightener, it is a genuine smile. In most cultures smiling at someone is even regarded as charity. There is no wonder then that the world goes round just by simply spreading of the most effective curve in the world. That being said, not everyone is endowed with a naturally stunning smile. However with the help of braces and a little work it is possible to bring that naturally stunning smile out. The best way to do this without doubt is to consult an orthodontist.
There is no one size fits all when it comes to choosing the right dental treatment for you. Your dentist is the best judge for when and what kind of treatment you need. However if you have a child and want to find out if it is the right time to think about braces, there are a few things to consider.
When to See an Orthodontist for your Child?
If your child has been experiencing one or more of the following it is time you consult an orthodontist:
- Teeth Problems: In the growing years it is very likely that the teeth align or grow wrongly. This can happen due to a number of issues but can be easily corrected. Some of the problems are :
- Protruding Teeth: Haphazardly protruding teeth that create speaking, eating problems resulting into the wrong bite.
- Crowded Teeth: More than one teeth growing above or near an already fully grown tooth resulting in crooked alignment.
- Early or Late Baby tooth loss: This is another cause to get in touch with a dentist to determine the right course of action.
Some of the jaw problems that a dentist can recognize include:
- Thumb sucking: It causes the gums to protrude forward completely throwing off the natural growth of the gums.
- Grinding or Clenching Teeth: This can cause misalignment as well and would need to be corrected with braces.
- Jaws that are too forward or back: Your orthodontist is best equipped to ascertain whether the jaws are too far forward or back and will recommend the right treatment to correct it.
The age of seven is the perfect time you should consider getting your ward’s tooth checked. It is the time the jaw growth can be guided. Also, there is lesser risk of trauma to the front teeth. It improves the overall appearance resulting in better confidence and self esteem.
A healthy smile is great confidence booster. It is not the only reason why you should consult an orthodontist for your ward. The earlier you avail treatment, the better results you will achieve. Straight, well aligned teeth not only contribute to a good smile but also dental health and hygiene. Choosing the best orthodontist Hendersonville offers the best way to ensure you get perfect treatment. Choose a doctor based on his experience, certification and reputation. Give your ward the invaluable gift of a sweet smile today.
SmileMaker Orthodontics, Dr. Jay Burton, a member of the American Association of Orthodontists and board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. He takes great pride in helping people achieve a beautiful smile in Hendersonville, Madison, Goodlettsville, Gallatin, and Nashville, TN. You can contact our office at (615) 865-6551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.