[fusion_text] [/fusion_text][fullwidth backgroundcolor=”” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”left top” backgroundattachment=”scroll” video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” borderstyle=”” paddingtop=”20px” paddingbottom=”20px” paddingleft=”0px” paddingright=”0px” menu_anchor=”” equal_height_columns=”no” hundred_percent=”no” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]
When to see the orthodontist?
When should you see the orthodontist for your child’s first orthodontic check-up?
When you should see the orthodontist serving Hendersonville, Goodlettsville, Madison, and Nashville, TN is age 7 according to the AAO. This doesn’t necessarily mean that your child is ready for braces, but it is important that at this age an orthodontist begin to monitor the growth and development of their facial structure, jaws and teeth.
There are several benefits of seeing the orthodontist early:
- Lower Risk of Trauma to Front Teeth.
- Improve Appearance and self-esteem.
- Guide Jaw Growth.
- Correct Harmful Oral Habits.
- Improve the Way Lips Meet.
There are several Sign’s that the Bite’s Not Right:
- Early/Late Loss of Baby Teeth
- Protruding Teeth
- Crowded/Spaced Teeth
- Jaws Too Forward or Back
Give your child the gift of a healthy smile:
- Alignment: Well-aligned teeth look good and feel good! Who doesn’t want straight teeth?! And, braces are the best way to get them.
- Age 7: By age 7 an orthodontist can determine whether an orthodontic problem exists or is developing.
- Health: Straight teeth contribute to good dental health and the ability to speak, chew and bite.
- Treatment: If early treatment is needed, the orthodontist may be able to achieve results that are not possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
- Best: As a parent, you want the best for your child. This includes healthy teeth and a pleasing smile. We consider this to be the best investment you can make in your child’s life. There are few gifts that you can give them that if maintained, can last a lifetime. Braces can help your child get the smile they deserve.
For more information contact our office, serving the Nashville, Hendersonville, Madison, and Goodlettsville areas. Dr. Jay Burton is one of the few board certified orthodontists serving this area.[/fusion_text][/fullwidth][youtube id=”NiltGImerm4″ width=”600″ height=”350″ autoplay=”no” api_params=”” class=””]